• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Mounting Options

desertred

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for options to replace both the mounting points for my track bar as both the holes for the side frame mounting bracket and the axle mount have wallowed out to where I cannot get a tight connection with a stock track bar. What options (besides a pick and pull yard) are there to replace either if these mounting points for a stock track bar on a non-lifted XJ ('88 4.0)? I see that Quadratec has a Heavy Duty mounting bracket, but am unsure if a stock track bar will fit this.

Another option to consider on the axle side is a larger bolt.
Kevin's Offroad makes a kit for this: https://kevinsoffroad.com/product/h...ckwell-durometer-75d-bushings-with-sleeves-5/

Kevin's kit only fixes one end of an aftermarket track bar, leaving the frame side still damaged.
Better still, get Kevin track bar kit, it come with a modified, double-sheer, frame mount, along with the bar. Definitely op for the Super Hard bushings.
I have run this kit for over a 100,000 miles and it is still tight.
https://kevinsoffroad.com/product/hard-kor-track-bar-conversion-cures-death-wobble-2/

I've seen adjustable track bar kits before and find them interesting, but everything I've read seems to indicate they are geared toward a lifted XJ. Is Kevin's kit suitable for a stock height XJ?

On a 4' lift, the track bar has a1-1.4'' of the thread showing, so it should fit.
An email or phone call to Kevin's is advisable to confirm this.

On a 4' lift, the track bar has a1-1.4'' of the thread showing, so it should fit.
An email or phone call to Kevin's is advisable to confirm this.

I did email Kevin and it appears that it should fit. He did state though that I would likely need to modify my front diff cover to allow for the added thickness of the track bar. The modification would require hammering the cover in by about 1/16" to allow the track bar to clear. Again, this is for a non-lifted XJ with stock suspension.

Back