• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 Xj: Radio Antenna Coax Spec?

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
The segment of the antenna cable behind the dash broke and I need to buy parts to patch it. Does anyone know the type of coaxial cable that is used?

Yep, like that. I don't think I'd splice it, it's only like 3-4 feet of cable, just buy a new cable (or the whole thing) all one piece. You'd likely spend more buying a splice/splitter thingy.

Thanks for the responses. I will take this further when I can. I cannot get many website to load on my pc at the moment...recent problem creating serious frustration on my part...gggrrrr. I have been able to determine I need an "antenna cable extension" but, I cannot find one for my vehicle yet.

Last edited:
You don't need a vehicle specific cable. Google showed me about 490,000 results (0.45 seconds), from 1 foot to 10 feet in length.

Yep, like that. I don't think I'd splice it, it's only like 3-4 feet of cable, just buy a new cable (or the whole thing) all one piece. You'd likely spend more buying a splice/splitter thingy.

A local electronics hardware store, like the old, OLD Radio Shacks probably has the connectors and cable. There are at least 2-3 with in 30 miles of me.

I picked up one from the local Chrutchfield store,solid cable from antenna to radio.Biggest pain was running cable to radio,,,who thought bundling the antenna wire with the main harness was a good idea....

I picked up one from the local Chrutchfield store,solid cable from antenna to radio.Biggest pain was running cable to radio,,,who thought bundling the antenna wire with the main harness was a good idea....

WOW, member #17 :)

I feel like a kid again LOL :laugh:

You'd likely spend more buying a splice/splitter thingy.

Not to mention you'd have to get the connector size right the first time.

:laugh:

Back