• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obdii bluetooth adapter

XJ 2.5

NAXJA Forum User
I got an obdii adapter off ebay for about 20 bucks, and im using the torque app. I tried it in my car and as soon as my phone connects, the car shuts off. I can immediately start it right back up, but it doesnt seem like that should happen. Ive only tried it on one vehicle, ill try it on my jeep once i get the oil pan back on. Has anybody else had anything like this happen?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I got an obdii adapter off ebay for about 20 bucks, and im using the torque app. I tried it in my car and as soon as my phone connects, the car shuts off. I can immediately start it right back up, but it doesnt seem like that should happen. Ive only tried it on one vehicle, ill try it on my jeep once i get the oil pan back on. Has anybody else had anything like this happen?

Nope, interesting issue, I am following, let us know what you find out. I had one I bought that was junk, it would not link to the phones. It was bluetooth. Old USB one worked fine. I bought another brand but am not done testing it.

Some of the low-cost adapters get very spotty reviews in terms of compatibility and general weirdness. I can't speak to all of them.

I now have purchased four different BAFX OBD2 bluetooth adapters from Amazon. They are getting down to around the $20 price range. All 4 have worked properly on a variety of vehicles (Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Jeep, various models of each, old and new). I use torque pro.

BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices
by BAFX Products
Link: https://amzn.com/B005NLQAHS

This adapter has never done anything unusual such as shutting down the vehicle.

Some of the low-cost adapters get very spotty reviews in terms of compatibility and general weirdness. I can't speak to all of them.

I now have purchased four different BAFX OBD2 bluetooth adapters from Amazon. They are getting down to around the $20 price range. All 4 have worked properly on a variety of vehicles (Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Jeep, various models of each, old and new). I use torque pro.

by BAFX Products

Yeah i have the BAFX too, i did some research online into which brands people had luck with, and that was the best one for the price

At that price, I went ahead and bought one just for permanently mounting in the Jeep. I cracked it open and removed the 12v power from the OBD2 socket, and run it back to the accessories portion of the fuse box. That way it comes on when the vehicle does. Then I run an old nexus-4 as a small digital dash with real-time readouts. Comes in very handy, because in my 96 I only have the simple cluster with fuel and speedometer.

by BAFX Products

Well I just tried my second one (different brand) on a 2010 Impala (transmission died, a friend of mine, poor girl, seems the GM transmissions are POS junk with a defective sprag in the guts of the trannies) and I could not get it to light up the third light on the blue tooth scanner and link to my 1 year old Android that has Torque pro on it.

But my Android does work with blue tooth to link to my laptop for picture file sharing.

I have friend that should be dropping by today, I will see if his works with it on the 96 or 2001 non jeep junk we have.

The 2 OBD-II Blue tooths I bought were Ebay and ran about $7 to at most $14.

Back