• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HVAC problems

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just getting my new xj on the road and come to find out im not getting any air movement out of the vents. The blower motor runs in all 4 settings but even when i change the dash location nothing comes out the vents on any of them. Any ideas on where i should be looking at first? I figured it would either be a vaccum problem or something with one of the actuators on the hvac box.

Thanks,
Ben

Is it coming out of the defrost vents? If yes then you have a vacuum hose off. The one that's on the football looking thing. Forgot the name of it. I found mine had been cut an it would only come out the defrosters.

Nothing is coming out of any of the vents. About the only thing i feel is like radiant heat coming out the defrost vents. No air pushing behind it. All the vacuum lines under hood are hooked up and the part behind front bumper is still hooked up. I don't hear and blend doors moving when i change to a different dash location. Only thing i hear running is the fan.

See if the blower fan is turning when the motor is operating.

Roll the glove box down and look in past the Recirculation Air Door at the fan. If the Recirc door is closed, start the engine, place the mode selector in the MAX AC position, the door should open and you should be able to see the fan

The fan should be turning. If it is not turning and the motor is operating the fan may be decoupled from the motor.

View of the fan though the glove box opening:

GB%20Roll%20Down%204.jpg

Back