• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Manifold

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering if a 91 exhaust manifold will couple up with a renix intake manifold? im not a fan of the cracking manifolds on the renix setup. or if anyone has a better fix for it.

Lots of folks use a flex pipe between the header and downpipe to reduce the chances of cracking. My dorman header has the flex pipes built in and I suspect it would for a < 91 as well.

That Dorman exhaust with accordion sections (674196) shows it fits 91-99.

Dorman 674170 is 87-90 and has no accordion section.
Manifold to manifold I can see differences, like 02 sensor(?) ports on the 87-90, but the biggest difference that might make incompatible is the 91-99 manifold has a longer down pipe connecting it to the exhaust, where the 87-90 look like the exhaust pipe bolts up to the manifold.
Maybe you could replace the pipe going to the catalytic converter and update the exhaust.

Man, that 87 manifold what a fugly design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right now it has no exhaust on it at all aside from the manifold. i might just leave renix one on until it cracks again. i think i might cut the front pipe and put in a flexy bit.

Late model bolts up. But as already stated, no egr. You will need an ho doanpipe

Back