• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which trails to run?

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have had no feeback for the trails for the Fall Fling. So, I am making some suggestions.

For Wednesday, October 5, 2016 - 7-Mile Rim, with Tip-over hill

For Thursday, October 6, 2016 - Possible #1 Poison Spider
Possible #2 Triple Threat: Gemini Bridges Road to Gold Bar Rim and Golden Crack and down Poison Spider

For Friday October 7, 2016 - Possible #1 Somebody always wants to do Pritchett
Possible #2 Top of the World
For Saturday October 8, 2016 - To be determined. I will need to head for SLC by midday to get someone to the airport

I know our group will definitely want a Pritchett run. We would like a trifecta to rusty nail down run. And we would like hell revenge to do escalator and such.

I'd like to try a few specific obstacles. (White knuckle hill and widow maker). Should be. About 3-4 in my group so if no one else wants to join we will just go run ourselves.

Who are you coming with Mike?

I would recommend Rusty Nail, to Golden crack, turn around and run out gold bar rim. Much shorter.

You will not catch me trying to go down white knuckle! I would recommend running behind the rocks backwards (climb white knuckle) after you complete pritchett.

We ran down rusty nail and liked doug that direction so likely do it again. Should be me, EFlores, my buddy with either his Mj or xj, and another buddy in his buggy.

Be careful on escalator. That is as close as I have ever been to going end over end back down a trail. If you haven't run it before or have a spotter who has, I recommend you walk it first and maybe watch someone else run it.

We ran down rusty nail and liked doug that direction so likely do it again. Should be me, EFlores, my buddy with either his Mj or xj, and another buddy in his buggy.

Cool deal, is Justin the one with the buggy?

I think we are talking about the same thing for rusty nail, I was just mentioning instead of driving forever to poison spider to exit, just take gold bar to do the loop.

I'll try to get in touch with you before I leave to meet up out there. What day are you guys showing up?

See the lower part for more suggestions.
For Wednesday, October 5, 2016 - 7-Mile Rim, with Tip-over hill

For Thursday, October 6, 2016 - Possible #1 Poison Spider
Possible #2 Triple Threat: Gemini Bridges Road to Gold Bar Rim and Golden Crack and down Poison Spider

For Friday October 7, 2016 - Possible #1 Somebody always wants to do Pritchett
Possible #2 Top of the World
For Saturday October 8, 2016 - To be determined. I will need to head for SLC by midday to get someone to the airport

More suggestions:
Wednesday or Thursday: Cliffhanger
Other trails: Metal Masher (Widowmaker is on this trail, I believe), Pickle, Hells Revenge, Moab Rim (a short one that can be done in a morning or late afternoon), Rusty Nail possibly in combination with Gold Bar Rim

Please post up with your wants or dislikes.

Last edited:
Other more pressing stuff is cutting into my trip so I'll only be able to attend Friday and Saturday.
Just posting up to see who is running what those days.
I want to hit Pritchett but am open to what day and whatever other trail.

Well I'll be headed out early Friday morning to hopefully catch a group. If not, oh well.
Plan is to hit Pritchett Friday and maybe the trifecta and rusty nail Saturday.

For Thursday and Friday the consensus is that the meeting place is at 9:00 AM on the south side of City Market. Still no trails decided either day. Show up and put in your wants and you should get a group.

Back