• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Jeep XJ No Running or Dash Lights

ljones

NAXJA Forum User
I was working on my 2000 Cherokee today fixing my trailer lights and a cracked taillight wire on the Jeep touched off on some metal. All running lights and dash lights quit working. All the fuses are good. If you pull the headlight switch just right they come on. I replaced it with a new one and it does the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simply logic says that the last thing you did before something went wrong is the place to start looking for a problem. All the fuses "look good", or you have tested each of them with your multi-meter ? Have you confirmed all the trailer wiring work was done correctly, has no faults or short circuits, and is fully functional ? Have checked the usual suspects the drivers door wire harness and the tailgate wire harnesses for the commonly occurring chafed wire insulation, damaged wires, and failed wire splices ?

You may have burned up something in the trailer converter.

Simply logic says that the last thing you did before something went wrong is the place to start looking for a problem. All the fuses "look good", or you have tested each of them with your multi-meter ? Have you confirmed all the trailer wiring work was done correctly, has no faults or short circuits, and is fully functional ? Have checked the usual suspects the drivers door wire harness and the tailgate wire harnesses for the commonly occurring chafed wire insulation, damaged wires, and failed wire splices ?

I just tested the fues under the hood for the lights and it was bad. Replaced it with a new one and everything works good now. The bad fues didn't burn in the normal spot so I missed it.

Thanks for the help!!

Back