• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door check installation

anony_

NAXJA Forum User
After trying to install a new door check (Doorman 924-148) on the drivers door. The door check is preventing the door from shutting. I orientated the door check the same as the passenger door with the curve on the arm (see pic) facing in the same direction as the passenger door (outwards away from the hinges)

Do I have it installed incorrectly? The drivers side should be reverse of the passenger door?
s_l1600.jpg

Last edited:
That notch faces inwards towards the drivers side.

That notch faces inwards towards the drivers side.

Ok, thanks. I had it installed it the same as the passenger side with the notch facing outwards away from the hinges.

Didn't have to remove the door harness as with some instructions. Very little room but was able to fish it through using a zip tie.

The first time installed I bent the arm while shutting the door. After removing and repairing the arm the check doesn't work with the notch inwards.

I may have put it back together incorrectly. What I'm going to do is remove the passenger side OE door check and install on the drivers side. At the same time make certain the Dorman is reassembled correctly.

When you close the door the arm is suppose to move inward, for some reason the arm isn't moving. I'll try flipping the arm over then position the spring side so the notch is inward.

I was half awake while installing, should have paid closer attention to what I was doing.

Last edited:
Back