• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 shift positions?

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I feel like a moron, as I've done this before, but my aging brain has forgotten how the shift tab on the NP231 is pointing in 2HI. I tried Googling it...but it's not there (that I can find) or a picture would be nice in all 4 positions.

TIA

P.S. I know I should get an aftermarket shifter, but I need to start at square one before I go anywhere. AND it's not in the budget.

Like this?

f49cfe0ff222636944ef135db0ba8d84.jpg

Found one on eBay if it's what're talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I know what it's supposed to look like inside the cab and I have 2 or 3 bezels. The link is on the right track, but I think it's backwards. I've looked at several links in the search and they all say something different and advocate for a new shifter, simple question though. Which end is 2HI (under the truck).

Moving the transfer case external shift lever tab Forward/Up is 2wd.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
From under the truck, in 2HI the arm is down and all the way forward!

It's the same in the vehicle as it is under the jeep. All the way forward 2H (shift arm on the transfer case pointed all the way toward the front of the jeep). Shift arm pointed toward the back of the jeep is 4L = shift lever inside pulled all the way toward the back of the Jeep)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back