• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IAS Shock absorber bushing sizes?

greenlawnjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, the bushings in my Edelbrock IAS shocks in my '96 Cherokee need replacing. Anyone ever do this and have either the sizes or Energy Suspension part #'s. I can't afford vehicle downtime to pull the shocks off, measure them, order them and put them back on till the new bushings arrive so it obviously would help things alot if I could order them ahead of time and go at it when I take the shocks off. I called Edelbrock and they were of no help (suprisingly ). Said they are out of the Shock Absorber business and have no parts left. So much for Lifetime Guarantees. I called Energy Suspension but there is no cross reference between bushings and Shock Absorbers. Thanks in advance.

I've used Energy Suspension 9.8107G bushings on both Monroe & Bilstein shocks.

Sourced them locally at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

No idea whether they'll fit on the Edelbrock IAS shocks you've got, but might be worth the time spent unbolting the bottom of one of the rear shocks and eyeballing the bushing diameter with a tape measure. If it's 5/8th or thereabouts then the 9.8107G bushings should work for you.

Hope this helps.

Back