• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cabby

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So my folks were planning on trading their A4 Cabriolet in for something newer. The wife and I decided to snatch it up. It has about 43,000 miles on it, model year 2003. My folks bought it from Audi as a CPO and put 20k miles on it in 9 years. There are/were a few issues with it. The glass in the convertible top has been falling out for years. My folks have been bandaid fixing it in that time. By the time we got ahold of it the last reseal lasted about 2 weeks and had separated all along the top. Additionally, most of the soft touch interior pieces are toast. Only real downside is that it is FrontTrak, not Quattro/AWD. Still has traction control though, same as my '03 Sedan and I got around in the snow without too much trouble.

This is the only "before" photo I have.

20160723165915-80a01ee9.jpg

I have the interior in shambles right now. Replacing all of the buttons above the head unit, will likely swap out the nav from mine to this one as it will be the lady's DD, and will also swap the console for a B7 console to gain the cup holders. It had the basic gray plastic belt-line trim as well, so that will be replaced in favor of wood or aluminum.

i.php

20160723165920-9ad5ede1-la.jpg

Here are the replacement soft touch pieces. The console is on the way. It took 3+ months to find a used one. The Cabriolet is for obvious reasons different than the Sedan, so probably 90% of the interior pieces are unique to it. Parts are much more difficult to find. Especially if you are limited to just the B7, instead of the B6 and B7.

20160723172306-01b4c4ac-la.jpg

Last edited:
You and your Audi fettish..........

:D

Does this mean the sedan is going buh-bye?

Work has begun.

Out with the old.

20160730205819-b485ff3b-xl.jpg

Swapped the faceplate on the climate control over. The B6 and the B7 are not completely compatible, there were some minor changes. But you can just swap the faceplates over.

20160730205822-49275d56-xl.jpg

Landed a set of S4 Carbon Fiber. Not actually my first choice but full trim sets are so difficult to find for the Cabriolet. Plus, an S4 carbon set is a rare find as they came with other trim options that were much more common. I had to buy each piece as the parts house was not selling it as a set, had no idea what they had. Currently trying to flip it for a profit or preferably trade it for an aluminum set with cash on top. Also the shifter surround is for a 6 speed and ours is a slush box. So would need to source that part, though luckily no difference between the sedan and cabby there, so it is possible to find one without too much trouble should we opt to keep it.

20160729173816-a293c553-xl.jpg

Nice!

Back