• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damage to body

vSGPdbw

There goes your jeeps modeling career!

Id rate it a meh on the meh scale... It might make mounting rock rails slightly more complicated, but ive seen worse.

I'd have an enlargement of your image made, say 2 foot by 3.5 feet, framed, and placed on a light colored wall. In the art world it qualifies for a couple of different styles. Shoot, you might get a gallery to display it for you in which it could be sold to pay for all kinds of things you might want to do to your XJ, lol.

Besides tweeking around with it, you might want to consider hitting your damage with some anti-rust stuff, and then coat it to prevent your winter salty roads from creeping in there.

That's the floor / rocker pinch seam.

The MOST I would do, is put a pair of wide pliers on the pinch seam and straighten that, only because it's a 2 minute job.

Smallest of the small fries.

One time I was at one of them "tire stores", and I was sitting at the big window they have overlooking the shop.
They brought in a newer Nissan suv thingy, pretty cool little truck.
In rolls 4 youths on floor jacks(they literally rolled in on the jacks like skateboards), and I was thinking cool there gonna rotate up these tires like a nascar pit crew, bwah.
I noticed though that they placed the jacks under the pinch weld, uh-oh.
This vehicle was just like a xj, the frame rail is right friggin there!
I watched as all four of them picked the thing up and bent the hell out of the pinch weld.
That being said I've seen more damage done to that part of a vehicle at a tire place, and I got one of those on my FWB in the same place from the original owners kid spinning it off the road.
I just put some rust prevention goop on it, like was mentioned.

Back