• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the secret

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
What's the secret to getting the tpaeredstud out of the drag link that attaches the steering dam. I've tried PB Blaseter. pickle forks, tired rod seperator, pitmn arm puller, mutliple pullers and hit on the side of the bar, similar to what you would use to jar tie rod end loose. All to no avail, it stil remains in the drag bar laughing at my attempts. The noly thing I haven't tried is to heat the bar with my oxygen acteleyne torch.

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying, but if you're talking about getting the steering dampener out of the drag link, the first time I pulled mine, I ended up pressing the dampener out using my 20T press. A couple heat/cold cycles on the eye may break the rust up enough to do it as well.

I just changed mine. Took off castle nut and screwed it on backwards. 3-4 smacks with a large hammer broke mine loose. I would try a torch.

Did you spray the thing down with PB blaster or 50-50 mix of ATF & acetone or something similar the day/week before?

Tom

Alternatively if you are talking about getting the drag link out or back in I had to lift part of the front axle on one side (drivers side I think) to make the holes line up to get the bolt in.

Back