• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'91 MJ Replacement Headlight Bezels

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need replacement headlight bezels for my '91 Comanche.
I ordered Crown parts from Quadratec, including the bezel and both park/side lights for each side.
The parts fit horribly, and the bezels cannot be modified to fit. They match the header panel with a bit of grinding, but they do not sit flush once the parking lenses are installed.
I noticed that they list bezels for '91-'92 and bezels for '93-'96 while most other manufacturers just list '91-'96. Maybe the '93-'96 will fit?
Does anyone know the differences in headlight bezels in the pre-'97 years? (I thought they were all the same)
Or know of a pair that fits well?

Thanks

Yeah , I still have a headlight bezel for a 91 from quadratec that didn't fit worth a ... Well didn't fit. Still sitting in a box.
Talked to them about it but nothing came of it. Ended up hitting junk yards.
I think the grills may have changed, I thought the bezels were changed 1993?
Maybe it's just the aftermarket cast sucks.

When I get to my of I'll look up the part #s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be the same 1991-6,
Example 55034079.

But I know the aftermarket replacements are no good, at least they were no good.

eBay has a few NOS, if your interested id search there

Bummer. I was actually thinking pretty hard about a 97+ header panel and fender swap but decided to keep this MJ true to its heritage and buy all new 91 parts for the grille. My biggest reason for considering the swap was actually parts availability and not the looks.
Now everything is new but the bezels don't fit. Guess I will have to start looking for junkyard bezels. Not many XJs in the yards here, most have been crushed.
Has anyone tried any of the bezels other than Crown? There are a few other brands out there but I'm wondering if they are all the same...

I honestly don't know. I only tried crown because it was supposed to a quality name.

There are cheap Chinese bezels everywhere, but I kinda suspect they all come from the same factory as crown.

I hope someone who has tried then can say for sure.

Do you still know which part number you bought by any chance?

These are the ones I have:

"For 91-92 Jeep® Cherokee XJ"
Quadratec Part No: 55001.0814
Manufacturer Part No: 55034075

Quadratec Part No: 55001.0815
Manufacturer Part No: 55034074

I also noticed that Quadratec lists a set for 93-96 but I can't tell the difference :dunno:
I have been meaning to call Crown directly to ask, but haven't had a chance during normal business hours.

"For 93-96 Jeep® Cherokee XJ"
Quadratec Part No: 55001.805
Manufacturer Part No: 55054931

Quadratec Part No: 55001.804
Manufacturer Part No: 55054930

Lastly, Qudratec actually offered to take them back and pay for shipping, which I thought was decent since I bought them 3 months and just haven't had a chance to install them since some other parts were backordered.

Back