• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feedback

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
Now the another successful Crawl is in the books, let's hear your feedback. Good, bad, and otherwise.

I'll start by thanking all of you for making this event happen. Without you, we wouldn't have any of it!

I'll be back next year to do it all over again.

We had a great time, kids raffle was cool dinner on sat was awesome.

You guys did an awesome job! I'll be back next year for sure.....

Make the event closer to me. That's my only complaint. Awesome memorial for Aaron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only complaint was the lack of seating for the dinner/raffle. Lots of people brought out their own chairs, and a few of us - myself included - were left just standing for both dinner and the raffle. Just curious, if it were raining would that have still been the location for these?

My only complaint was the lack of seating for the dinner/raffle. Lots of people brought out their own chairs, and a few of us - myself included - were left just standing for both dinner and the raffle. Just curious, if it were raining would that have still been the location for these?

That was something we noticed and were not expecting either. This is the second year the pavilion has been an option to rent, and last year there were about 2-3 more rows of tables inside towards the front where Dirk and I were standing.

The EZ up that was in front of Dirk's cabin belongs to the chapter, and each of the three of us have one (they were just purchased last month). Each BOD member will have them at the Crawl so in the event of weather, we have some more covered area we can put people under.

One thing that was missed was the awards.

Did they give you a discount on the meal since they were so late?

Up until two years ago we did not have that. We convinced Stephen to build it.

I had a great time, and the Coal Burners BBQ was excellent!

I also missed having the awards... did we run out of time? I always enjoyed hearing the nominations and hearing stories of the other groups you didn't get to ride with.

Dan, this is the second year in a row that we chose not to do the "awards." By the time the 15th anniversary rolled around, those "awards" appeared as nothing more than just a popularity contest. If we could come up with some "awards" that were quantifiable, I'd be willing to consider bringing them back. Until then, or until a new BOD sits, I don't see them returning. As well, one of the complaints we received about the 2015 event was that the evening ran too long - and that year we only did the raffle. With a time frame to consider, I'm of the opinion that I'd rather spend that time giving away a LOT more raffle prizes.

Brian, to your question about a discount - no, they didn't, but the ribs, brisket, chicken, and tips were not part of our agreed upon menu and they threw those in for us at no cost. While we expected the meal to happen at 6:30 rather than 7, in retrospect, I believe it worked out fine, as it allowed us time to do the kids raffle and the tribute to Aaron and Don before the meal, instead of prolonging the events after the meal.

Good feedback y'all - keep it coming. It only helps us get better. We listen and react. The ticket tumbler, the 3 chapter EZUPs, and the raffle order - for example - were directly due to the feedback we got from the 2015 event responses.

Dirk, that is understandable with the awards, they do take a bit of time. I do think we could atleast do a carnage award? That one seems justifiable...

yeah the carnage award needs to happen at least.
the kids raffle was awesome. I think Ryan will be there every year now due to how friendly everyone was and how much he loved wheeling.

Other chapters don't let the audience cheer and clap for who they think should win the awards. That was the big issue at the 15th. The BOD or it's delegates decide on the awards and you hand them out at the dinner. Takes 10 minutes.

Other chapters don't let the audience cheer and clap for who they think should win the awards. That was the big issue at the 15th. The BOD or it's delegates decide on the awards and you hand them out at the dinner. Takes 10 minutes.

10 minutes? Maybe 10 minutes to pass them out at the BBQ - way more than that in prep work before the event.

If the next SEC BOD wants to bring them back - great. I'm not going to advocate for it during my time on the board.

10 minutes? Maybe 10 minutes to pass them out at the BBQ - way more than that in prep work before the event.

If the next SEC BOD wants to bring them back - great. I'm not going to advocate for it during my time on the board.

Seriously?

Forgive me, I've never helped run an event. I didn't know printing certificates was an all day affair.

You guys are asking your audience what they want and what you can do better and shutting it down because you think it's too much work. It's sitting in front of a laptop for 10 minutes and standing in front of a crowd telling a few stories for 10 more.

So I guess it's 20 minutes. My bad.

yeah the carnage award needs to happen at least.
the kids raffle was awesome. I think Ryan will be there every year now due to how friendly everyone was and how much he loved wheeling.

The current carnage award has been around for a long time, and is getting quite difficult to carry around. This was the reason why it was not at the event this year. It will be back, probably just in a different form. Carnage Award 2.0 if you will.

Seriously?

Forgive me, I've never helped run an event. I didn't know printing certificates was an all day affair.

You guys are asking your audience what they want and what you can do better and shutting it down because you think it's too much work. It's sitting in front of a laptop for 10 minutes and standing in front of a crowd telling a few stories for 10 more.

So I guess it's 20 minutes. My bad.

If you're trying to come up with new and creative awards each year, it's more than just 10 or 20 minutes behind a laptop. I find it interesting that you're giving feedback on an event that you, for reasons of your own, didn't even attend this year.

The current carnage award has been around for a long time, and is getting quite difficult to carry around. This was the reason why it was not at the event this year. It will be back, probably just in a different form. Carnage Award 2.0 if you will.

If you're trying to come up with new and creative awards each year, it's more than just 10 or 20 minutes behind a laptop. I find it interesting that you're giving feedback on an event that you, for reasons of your own, didn't even attend this year.

I didn't provide anything. Your attendees did. I simply questioned why none of you are listening.

Why do you have to make up awards every year? What's wrong with having best rig, dumbest flop, etc every year?

And since you so desperately need to know, my wife's new contract reduced her vacation time from 4 weeks a year to 2 weeks a year. Taking my family to Disney this December trumps a wheeling trip with you.

Now we both know the reason. Have a nice day.

Back