• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oregon trip planning

Jeepnut1

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Folks, My wife and I are planning our annual trip to the family place in Gates, Ore just east of Salem in August. We usually just bring our motorhome and camp on my parents place with the mountain bikes and stuff. This time we are bringing the XJ and my inlaws mildly built Sahara. Gates will be our basecamp for two weeks so I'm looking for some help in finding some really scenic trails somewhere around an hours drive from Gates. Preferably ones that lead to lakes, streams or cool places for the kids to see.We've done the typical stuff around the area fire/log roads, silverfalls state park and a couple really mild trails around sisters on the way up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Scott

There is a road, N. Fork road that goes way up into the mountains to opal lake and if you follow it back down, takes ya right into Detroit. Another that Ryan showed me is rocky top mountain. Great views and the road is worn out enough to make the drive a bit fun and interesting

Back