• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric(stock) fan replacement

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
My electric fan(stock ac fan or whatever its called) I feel maybe be showing its age. Anyone recommend a good replacement brand? Oem us 250 compared to 80ish other higher end brands.

My electric fan(stock ac fan or whatever its called) I feel maybe be showing its age. Anyone recommend a good replacement brand? Oem us 250 compared to 80ish other higher end brands.

Depending on year if you have an older XJ,<97, you can swap in a OEM fan from a 97+. I got mine from pick and pull for like 20 bucks. Works good and pushes alot more air than my 93 stocker. Just a thought.

I was leaning towards Four Seasons or Spectra.

I want a new fan not used.

What year, 97???

I got my last 2 Renix aftermarket Fans for $45 delivered from Amazon (prime) last month, and they work and look great. Ten years ago the motors alone were $80.

I replaced mine (1998) with a VDO unit. Forgot where I bought it, I think Amazon. Works just like it should, although I can feel it vibrate just a tad when it kicks on.

I bought it for the brand name having had VDO electrics in all of my Baja Bugs years ago. Was disappointed to learn it was made in China...

I have a curved 10 blade in my 88 MJ...fits, plugs in, works. $15 at the junker...5 years ago, still going very strong.

Back