• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Info?

a-mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I am hoping to go. I am sure it is me and my forum ignorance. I am having trouble finding anything but dates. Is there a page or thread that includes prices, an itinerary etc... if so could one of you show me.
I saw the sticky but it says closed with no real info other than a bbq dinner.
Can you register on site or is it too late? Where are the festivities taking place? What campground...

Sorry to bug you guys, and thanks in advance. I am sure it is just me.

This is the campground where 95% of the NAXJA group will be staying... And also where the BBQ dinner, Raffle & Potluck dinner will be held...
http://www.harlancountycampground.com/index.html
You can purchase your local trail permit here as well for about $30 ?
(this is on the Putney side; there is a campground on the other side of the mountain in Evarts)

You can register & pay at the event. I don't know exact prices off hand, but for $64 I got 2 shirts, 2 BBQ meals, & registration covered.

Dirk, Tim... Anybody feel free to correct me on anything...

You can register on site, yes. We will be at the Harlan County Campground for all the trail runs. We will do a potluck on Friday and a BBQ and raffle on Saturday. The BBQ is included in the registration. Raffle tickets will be sold on site. There will be some informal runs on Thursday and Sunday.

Non-member registration is $31 on site.

You can register on site, yes. We will be at the Harlan County Campground for all the trail runs. We will do a potluck on Friday and a BBQ and raffle on Saturday. The BBQ is included in the registration. Raffle tickets will be sold on site. There will be some informal runs on Thursday and Sunday.

Non-member registration is $31 on site.

Can he still register on line or is that done now?

On-line registration closed on June 10. I'll have a registration tent up by cabin 3 on Wednesday afternoon.

This is the campground where 95% of the NAXJA group will be staying... And also where the BBQ dinner, Raffle & Potluck dinner will be held...
http://www.harlancountycampground.com/index.html
You can purchase your local trail permit here as well for about $30 ?
(this is on the Putney side; there is a campground on the other side of the mountain in Evarts)

You can register & pay at the event. I don't know exact prices off hand, but for $64 I got 2 shirts, 2 BBQ meals, & registration covered.

Dirk, Tim... Anybody feel free to correct me on anything...

So I've already registered for this but funds are kind of low so I'm thinking of just going for the day on Saturday. If I wanted to meet for the lineup on Saturday, what time would I need to get there and is this the correct address:

8331 US-119, Baxter, KY 40806

Thanks all.

The address on the site linked above is:

8331 Hwy 119 N
Putney, KY 40865

Generally rides start up the mountain about 9am Ideally I think you would want to be there before that.

The address on the site linked above is:

8331 Hwy 119 N
Putney, KY 40865

Generally rides start up the mountain about 9am Ideally I think you would want to be there before that.

Thanks, just making sure that was the same address for the meetup in the morning.

Ok, if I don't camp I will aim to be there by 8am. Thanks.

So I've already registered for this but funds are kind of low so I'm thinking of just going for the day on Saturday. If I wanted to meet for the lineup on Saturday, what time would I need to get there and is this the correct address:

8331 US-119, Baxter, KY 40806

Thanks all.

Yes, if you google "Harlan County Campground" the address says Baxter, KY.

For good measure, here's the GPS coords from Google:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d36.912038!4d-83.199362

Back