• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting Question

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
So normally when the jeep is cold I have to turn the key into the on position twice to prime it and then it will crank up pretty quick. If I dont do this it takes about 10 seconds to crank. Last week I cleaned my battery cables and cold started it and it fired up perfectly the first turn, no priming. Then after about three days it reverted back to having to be primed. This morning I disconnected my negative cable and re connected it and it fired up perfectly again. Any idea how to make it stay cranking perfectly?

Sounds like your fuel pressure is leaking down and you just happened to be priming the system when you were doing the electrical changes. I'd check the regulator, injectors leaking at the o rings, disconnects and fuel lines going back to the tank.

What year is it?

Could be the timer relay that allows the computer to reset the IAC at shut down.

Check the fuel pressure regulator too. If it is an old jeep, check the Ballast resistor.

Back