• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 "hot" questions...

No Kin Jones

NAXJA Forum User
Where can I find a new 134 compatible condensor to drier A/C hose for a '93 XJ sport 4.0 ? I've searched online about a dozen places & OE NOS/R12 is the best I've been able to find.
If I can't find a hose, can I buy one of the condensors with the extra tubes attached (I'm assuming later model ?) Some are attached with original looking fittings & some are part of the assembly. I'm wonderingif I can buy this type condensor, remove the top tube & use the original type hose, then use the lower tube to make it easier to have the hose that I can't find fabricated.
The jeep was R12. I'm replacing everything except the evaporator and it will be flushed. I do have gauges and will buy or rent a vacuum pump.
I just have these 1 or 2 little hang ups, depending on which way I go.
I'm tempted to just use the OE hose.......:confused1

Dan

Don't know about the hose, I'd consider using parts from a later model.

Regarding your evaporator, it's multi pass, and can't effectively be flushed. In the event of a compressor failure, it too should be replaced.

If using junkyard parts from a 94 be cautious of the system. 94 was Chrysler's change over year. I've had two 94's one was a r12 system and the other was a 134 system. The compressor and lines to and from the compressor are different.

Here's the 94/95 parts catalog pages showing the parts for the 94 R134a system. Use the OEM part numbers to search Rockauto (for example) to find aftermarket parts.

94%20HVAC%20IPC.jpg

94%20HVAC%20IPC%202.jpg

I just had a local AC shop that makes their own hoses make mine. Installed a 97 condenser in an 87....as part of the 134a upgrade.

Back