• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driver's door window issues

Vernicious

NAXJA Forum User
I recently pulled my driver's door window switch apart to fix the broken solders for the lock window switch. After I put it all back together it worked perfectly for about an hour. The issue I had prior to fixing the switch was the Windows would only work from the driver door switch. After fixing it, all windows work as they are supposed to, except the driver window will only go up, not down. It is not mechanical as I cannot hear the window motor trying to work when I push the switch down. I suspect the switch as it worked correctly for about an hour, then it just died. However, I'd like to know if anyone else has had this issue.

99XJ Sport, 4.0L, 4.5" lift

Switch or wire harness. Faulty switches and wire harness breaks are very common.

There's a great write-up on bypassing the lockout switch. It's one of the easier fixes and it'll never be an issue again. The wires are behind the drivers kick panel.

My switch was very dirty. The actual contacts for the switch. I cleaned it with electronic cleaner and a qtip. After that, not only did my window work again, but it was so much faster.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

There's a great write-up on bypassing the lockout switch. It's one of the easier fixes and it'll never be an issue again. The wires are behind the drivers kick panel.

It's definitely not the lockout switch. All the windows work properly except the driver's window will not go down. That's all.

Back