• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Registering utility trailer?--WA

cnugent

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a small, homebuilt, single-axle utility trailer I brought with me from Colorado when I moved last December. I need to get plates for it, but holy hell, looking at the county licensing website, it looks like a pretty insane pile of red tape. I might have a Colorado title somewhere, and there is a Colorado VIN plate on it, but other than that I have no documentation for it. Is there an easier way to get a trailer registered in this state, rather than having to weigh it and have the State Patrol inspect it and all that? Any workarounds?

Thanks,

Chris

I can't believe how easy it is to get plates in this state.

Walked into the licensing office with my title, came out with plates in 10 minutes. No inspections, no fees other than the normal. It was the same way when I got plates for our cars back in February. In Colorado, it would have been a godawful debacle.

Anyway, there ya go.

Back