• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$650 for 44 rear?

540Vasandman

NAXJA Forum User
I got this guy who has a D44 rear out of a XJ with disc conversion and a locker with 3.55 gears. Hes asking 650 for it. Is that a decent price? He doesn't know the disc kit maker or the locker...

Thanks guys. I'm a new xj owner and having read all the things said about the 35 I wanted to swap it out. Figured a bolt in would be best seeing I don't have any fab skills or a welder. I'm not doing any crawling, running 30's and just go deep in the national forest to hunt and want as few problems as possible

You're sure you've got a D35 and not an 8.25? Based on what you described, all you need is an 8.25, which is commonly available for about 100 bucks and will bolt in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have consistently sold these axles for $350 to $450, straight from the junkyard. Only two look to have been freshened up since they left the factory. If you think you can add disc brakes and a locker for less than two or three hundred dollars, make a counter offer.

And of course, never buy a pig in a sack. Look it over very well.

I have consistently sold these axles for $350 to $450, straight from the junkyard. Only two look to have been freshened up since they left the factory. If you think you can add disc brakes and a locker for less than two or three hundred dollars, make a counter offer.

And of course, never buy a pig in a sack. Look it over very well.

Should I take the cover off and look at the gears etc? I know what to look for on the brakes but the gears ive never fooled with. Besides having chipped/worn splines what else should I look for?

I'll get back with you after brunch...

i did go look at it. the brakes were crap and the axle seals were shot. ended up getting it for 475
00P0P_ce4MS6umIJr_600x450.jpg

Back