• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Driveshaft with a HD Slip

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA,

I am searching for a little bit of information regarding companies to buy new driveshafts from. Some pertinent information. 92 XJ 4.0/AX15/231 with a RE Flange hack n tap about 3.5" of lift.

Basically both my front and rear driveshafts in the slips are worn out and can basically wobble if I grab on the slips and push them in a clockwise pattern. I am aware that is rebuildable or I can get junk yard shafts but I figure I can keep these as spares and upgrade with some newer shafts. Specifically ones with stronger designed slip stub.

When I lived in NC I was local to Oliver's Driveshaft and Carolina Driveline. Now I am not aware of any places that build shafts near VA beach. So ultimately I am looking for a company I can give measured lengths to and find it at my door in a brown box. Oliver's Driveshaft sells theirs for $300 shipped.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a shaft at about that price? :eyes:

TIA

Nick

Are you sure your slip joints have enough engagement length? It is fairly unusual around here for them to give up unless they haven't been greased or are pulled to far apart.

I just ask, because if you order the same length and this is a problem, you will be back ordering in no time. Some drive shaft component manufacturers offer a slip joint that is significantly longer just for this reason.

Good luck in finding a good shop. We have a few here in Colorado, but they are not cheap.

Are you sure your slip joints have enough engagement length?

Yeah I had my driveshafts lengthened to the proper specs after the SYE and lift. I feel like after 20+ years and over 200k miles (some of which may have been at a bad pinion/driveshaft angle) they are worn out.

And when I meant HD slip I meant this so you are spot on with your recommendation.

41000OJjAPL.jpg

There is a company I found randomly called Driveshafts Direct. Can be found here. They are appealing because of the price and the 7" slip stub but I am weary because you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Back