• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have exp with ATP flexplate

Irishlt

NAXJA Forum User
Flexplate has been knocking at me and it's time to give in and tear into it. Was just curious if the atp plates are any good. I normally try to go middle of the road price/performance on parts buttt with plates i figure two things, 1)it's just stamped metal with no electronics to be skimped on and 2)the only other aftermarket offering costs as much as a Mopar flexplate. Normally I'd just go Mopar without even being curious, but I'm working my way through school with a project car sitting in the driveway that needs it's interior. So money is a bit tight and having already dropped 40$ for the six crank bolts has me wanting to go cheaper if I can. Thanks in advance.

-LT

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

go mopar . you wont regret that. do you want to risk regretting it ?

New ATP Flex-plate less then 30 starts, stripped teeth. I pulled my Transmission 3 times in 3 weeks. One of those times was to replace the ATP plate I just installed.... I just put a another used one in at that point.

Haha, well, the more i thought about it the more i figured it'd be safer to just go mopar so i picked one up earlier today. Annnd after seeing that picture, i am soooo glad i didn't even try. I don't plan on pulling that trans more than once. Thanks for reassuring me that i didn't just throw the extra cash away. And sorry to hear about your troubles.

There are mixed reviews ion ATP, some have good luck, other have horror stories. That's enough to make me pass on it, the only time I take a chance is when the bad reviews are very old and new reviews indicate they got their act together. Lord knows I've been burned with it going the other way we're old reviews were good and production moved to China since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year model is this for?

It was for a 97,but i already grabbed a Mopar oem replacement. Btw for anyone that stumbles across this, the spacer ring? Flexplate washer? Idk what the actual name is, has been discontinued by chrysler.

Hmm where did you get a new washer ring from then?

I didn't :( I'm gonna see what the old one looks like and clean it up. If it's really bad then I'm gonna be in a bit of a spot. But i don't expect it to be. And figure using it again won't be an issue since some guys put in used plates and even go as far as re-using bolts.

When I swapped my trans (BA-10 to AW4) it didn't come with a reinforcing plate (washer). So I put it in with NO plate. I'm in the process of replacing my torque converter and I asked if anyone had one. I got this link from a fellow ComancheClub.com member. Ordered and received. If you have one in good shape, re-using it is not a problem, if not:

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Drivetrain-...x?t_c=12&t_s=511&t_pt=101409&t_pn=JEPJ3214094

Got it in 3 days.

Back