• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 XJ 4.0 P0304 after warm.

01XJSilver

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01 XJ Sport with the 4.0. I have replaced the head with a new one with the heavier casting. Before the head replacement it ran fine. Now on cold startup it runs great, no issues but after about 10 minutes of driving it develops a bad miss and throws P0304. Since then I have installed new Champion plugs, new coil rail and rebuilt Bosch injectors. I clear the code, cold startup, runs great until warmed up again then code and miss are back. It only misses and throws the code while warm. Normal operating temperature. I have read a lot about the heat soak for #3 but can it also cause that in #4? Or am I missing something else? I love the Jeep, no rust, 210K miles, 4.5" Rough Country lift on 31" M/Ts, roof rack with KCs, but I am losing patience. I have searched the forums and found a lot of great answers but nothing too specific, maybe someone has had the same thing happen.

Back