• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission lines, 4mm hose clamps & Jeep symbols

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
One posts, 3 questions here...

First, anybody know where to get 3-4mm hose clamps, the spring type where you squeeze to open with pliers then let go to close again? 1/4" clamps are 6.x mm so the 3-4mm I'm looking for would be about 1/8". This is for an independent project, nothing to do with auto stuff.

Second, where do you get a Jeep symbol / moniker like this one on the back of my '96 XJ?...

e5946538-52e4-4c1b-9f19-f4d103330381_zpsrbu2f2nq.jpg

And last, when I switched my radiator out last week there was no attachment point at the bottom of the new rad for one of my transmission fluid radiator lines like there was on the previous one. I guess the next best thing would be to make a bracket extension and drill a new hole and attach it directly to the truck framework where the radiator attaches. Since this is gonna get wet and hot I need to make it out of some corrosion resistant material. Best idea is to go to ole home depot and get one of those 3/4" wide by maybe 4" long silver metal brackets with holes pre-drilled. You know the ones.

So question is...which of those things is most corrosion resistant? I think I've seen some that are zinc plated. And what screws as well... ss machine screws probably?

Thanks I'm all ears
http://www.naxja.org//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

All I can answer is the logo question. I could get 5 of those today at the local junkyard if I wanted to. Otherwise, search e-bay for "Jeep emblem" and there are pages of them.

Auto parts store can order those in for you (the clamps). O'reilly's carries them under their "prime line" small engine catalog. Or look up McMasterCarr.com. they have them. Or go to your closest hobby supply store that sells those tiny gas engines for model boats and planes.

Back