• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Sport no start, CPS?

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
96 4.0, won't start(starter does nothing), I've got good power, can hear the fuel pump kick on when I put the key in run, nothing in neutral either. Starter, ignition switch, NSS have all been replaced within the last 3 years or so, but CPS is still stock to my knowledge. Check engine light doesn't work, so I'm not sure about codes yet either. I haven't gotten the chance to check fuses or relays yet, it was dark and rainy, and I didn't want to mess with it yet.

Ran into a CPS on my 01, but I can't remember if it would crank, I do remember getting a "no bus" message, but that's about all I remember.

Anything calling out as obvious to anyone? Should get a chance to check for CEL, fuse, relays here in a couple hours.

If the starter does not engage at all then there is a problem in that circuit. The cps is ignition and fuel. Not start.
Is this a no crank problem
Or a crank no start. To different problems and circuits.
Check battery voltage. Should be at least 12.6
Don't rule out replaced parts. People have had marginal parts right out of the box.

Back