• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 filter change with RC Long Arm kit?

Throws

NAXJA Forum User
At the point where I've got one more task I'm trying to complete... a filter change and kickdown cable replacement. I've got a RC long arm kit, with associated belly pan. I'm not seeing that much room to get the pan off, and judging by the lack of room... not much space to get the bolt out either.

So... what's the best way to do this? Lift the trans up from the bracket? Drop the belly pan (honestly, I feel like this is a last-resort).

-P

'99 4.0, AW4, NP231, RC 4.5" Long Arm

Haven't seen this setup in a while, but I'd try loosening the bracket and lifting the trans up enough to get in there.

This is one of the things I hate about LA systems that integrate the mounts into the crossmember like that. Hopefully you don't have to drop the crossmember, but if lifting it doesn't allow enough room, that's really all you can do.

Take your tcase skid off unbolt tranny mount chock front wheels put jack stand under tcase unbolt arms and belly pull belly out and service your tranny

Back