• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio presets and interior lights

OleBessey

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I am new to NAXJA, and online forums all together. I'm 19 years old and have had a couple of jeeps in the past. I currently have a 88 YJ with a 3" lift and a 95 XJ 2 door almost completely stock. I also have a 68 C101. Now I was just putting new speakers in my XJ, and I believe I short circuted somthing. I have 2 rear speakers in the overhead soundbar. I was removing the clips that held up the soundbar in the light housing and "zap". I didn't remove the battery and had touched the bulb to the "clip stud". Now my intirior lights don't work and my radio always resets itself(presets). If anyone can help be it'd be greatly appreciated.

I had a weird probelm with my 94 2dr that bugged me for a while. Radio presets and the interior done light would both fail at one time. Sometimes messing with the dome light would restore function. Turns out the fuse in the under hood fuse box that fed the interior box had backed out of its slot and would barely make contact. Drove the fuse back in and have no problem since.

Back