• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan blower fades away on acceleration? Back on idle

hillcameron415

NAXJA Forum User
1990 xj 4.0 ax15

Not sure what would cause this. I just recharged my a/c and got her blowing cold. But just to learn she doesn't like to blow :yelclap:
I played with vacuum lines when doing the intake/exhaust gasket a while back. Maybe I messed some up. Any ideas?
Thanks in advanced

That's where I'd start. It sounds like the vacuum reservoir is disconnected. The fan probably isn't slowing down. The mode doors are probably defaulting back to defrost when accelerating and engine vacuum is low.

That's where I'd start. It sounds like the vacuum reservoir is disconnected. The fan probably isn't slowing down. The mode doors are probably defaulting back to defrost when accelerating and engine vacuum is low.

Where is that? Is that on the top of the firewall, towards passenger side? And am just looking for disconnected tubes?

When driving I just checked the defrost vents when it fades away, and that's definitely the case. Just switching vents.

So when I find my vacuum Reservoir, what should I be looking for? Which vacuum lines would cause this?

The resivor is under your front bumper on the right. Small black ball. There will be a line that runs up from the ball, down the length of the passenger fender ( cruise plugs into this line). Then it travels across your firewall to the intake. There will be a one way valve at the intake to seal the system when the engine is off.

Some where on this line is the out put to to the HVAC system. A break anywhere will cause the vacuum leak. Even the check valve will cause it if it's bad

I'm checking all the lines now.

Also, under my passerger side dash, there's an orange vacuum line hanging from somewhere any guesses where it
goes?

I'm checking all the lines now.

Also, under my passerger side dash, there's an orange vacuum line hanging from somewhere any guesses where it
goes?

It goes to one of the HVAC damper door control valves or dash control.

Back