• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My round headlight conversion

Optimusglen

NAXJA Forum User
First off, I've been lurking awhile, pretty new here. I've had two XJ's, one in highschool that I loved and then wrecked. And at the ripe age of 33 I bought my second. Did a quick budget lift and a bunch of maintenance stuff, but it's my daily driver so no major modifications.

That out of the way, I had been itching to do a round headlight conversion since I bought it. I just like the way it looks, paired with a bit more light out of the H4s. I understand it's not everyone's cup-o-tea, but that's ok.

After doing some searching I saw a thread where someone did the swap using TJ headlights and achieved the same look. I decided to go with Mk2 Volkswagen Golf headlights with buckets, a bit easier to aim and adjust.

The process is pretty simple, pull the front end apart, cut out material that gets in the way of the headlights, put it all back together. Cutting is required on the front end fiberglass panel, as well as each of the ABS plastic headlight surrounds. A Dremel with a cutting disc would probably be ideal, but use your imagination if you don't have one.

On to a few pics.

I started around 8pm and finished around 9:45 or 10pm
26551765525_93df74cc6e_c.jpg

And this morning
26465573102_a138dffa86_b.jpg

26285029880_3726eb929e_b.jpg

The stock mounting holes for the square headlights are all still there, so I could revert if I ever wanted to, but I don't think I'll want to.

Back