• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Sport pwr door lock & windows

Busted-Knuckles

NAXJA Forum User
New to the forum so please excuse me if I use improper vernacular or Jeep speak. This past weekend I purchased a 1994 Cherokee Sport so far pretty please with it but it does need a few minor things attended to. The d/s rear door was smashed so I figured rather than do the body work of repairing it whihc I am more than capable of doing I would just do a door swap. So I located a parts Jeep a 95 in a neighboring state for a pretty reasonable price and the guy is going to deliver it as well, and the bonus is its the exact same color so I was stoked. I noticed in the pictures he provided that it has power windows and power door locks and possible mirrors as well. It also has a nice tan leather interior which I was going to swap out but after doing a close inspection my gray interior is in nice shape and having done full interior swaps in the past I know its not a simple undertaking.So I figured swap out all four door but I am asking if anyone knows weather or not they had two different wiring harnesses or did they use one harness and simply tape back the connectors not being used. I've been a mechanic for 40 years and I've seen both but sadly my Jeep experience is limited to CJ's and the good old ugly green ones Uncles Sam provided.

So does anyone know weather or not there were two different wring harness or one with non used plugs?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
BK

Back