• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift now vibration

Cherustee

NAXJA Forum User
I just did a 4.5" lift on my 2000 XJ and now I am getting a weird vibration. I know to completely get rid of drive vibrations is to do a SYE but I am getting vibrations while stopped. Feels kind of like a bad motor mount or something but it was never there before the lift. What could be causing this?

Did you install a transfer case drop? Those pull on your motor mounts. Check them and replace as needed. Check your trans mount too.

The factory ones last quite a while, so I wouldn't call them garbage. If you want a more rigid setup then you can try alternatives such as Brown Dog but you will get more vibration particularly at idle.

There is no special mount for use with a transfer case drop. Just ensure the mounts you have are not broken or sagging and replace them if they are. The cheap factory style (but not factory quality) Anchor mounts are cheap for a reason. They are garbage.

Back