• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Online VIN Decoder/Build Sheet

seanof30306@yahoo.

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at an ebay auction for an XJ the other day. It had listed everything about the Jeep; every option, every color, gear rations, etc.

In the ad, the guy said all the information came from an online VIN decoder, but the link he provided was dead, and he hasn't answered my email.

I've searched, but all the online V.I.N. decoders I can find don't offer anywhere near that much information.

Does anyone know of one that does?

I've never found one online that works. Of course my XJ may be too old for a online build sheet.
Maybe he got this years ago.

Oh btw I found a copy of the build sheet jeep prints out for the assembly line behind the drivers side door panel. One of the screws for the arm rest went through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never found one online that works. Of course my XJ may be too old for a online build sheet.
Maybe he got this years ago.

Oh btw I found a copy of the build sheet jeep prints out for the assembly line behind the drivers side door panel. One of the screws for the arm rest went through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had all 4 doors opened up last month replacing all the window regulators. There was nothing there.

Power windows and door locks work GREAT now, though!

I had all 4 doors opened up last month replacing all the window regulators. There was nothing there.

Power windows and door locks work GREAT now, though!

It was weird. It was taped to the plastic insulator part of it was over one of the mounting points for the door handle, easy to see it had been there since before Bill Clinton was elected. When snes was king! :)

I've got a problem with rear power window regulators, lubricated as instructed but the passenger rear gets hung up trying roll up.

Hey guys. You can also use: http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=VIN#

Replace VIN# with yours and should pop up. Instant build sheet.
It works but on newer vehicles.
30 year old (1986) xj no data.
20 year old( 1996) xj full build sheet
10 year old (2006) jeep full build sheet.

Even works for 1991, this is a vin from a junk yard listing.

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1J4FJ88S1ML642320

it also looked up a 89 waogoneer would not fetch 87 or 88

Last edited:
It works but on newer vehicles.
30 year old (1986) xj no data.
20 year old( 1996) xj full build sheet
10 year old (2006) jeep full build sheet.

Even works for 1991, this is a vin from a junk yard listing.

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1J4FJ88S1ML642320

No, I never inputted my VIN. I clicked the link you provided, and got the whitepages I described.

It's the same with the link you just gave.

Can you link to the page where you input the VIN, rather than a results page?

No, I never inputted my VIN. I clicked the link you provided, and got the whitepages I described.

It's the same with the link you just gave.

Can you link to the page where you input the VIN, rather than a results page?

All i did was cut out VIN# and past the vin I wanted to check. I couldn't find a main page.
But the results open up as a PDF webpage, maybe your browsers can't display a PDF file.
It opens for my Iphone.

if it can't pull a result this is what it says;

Unable to fetch required information. Please contact System
Administrator.

I wondering how accurate these build sheets are.

our 91 xj it lists
Power Rack and Pinion Steering
Heavy Duty Electrical Group
Trailer Tow Group
Rubicon X

and Keyless entry?! What the hell?
I've never seen a fob associated with that jeep. We got it form the second owner who was meticulous about cleaning the interior but didn't want the maintenance. original cloth header was replaced with a vinyl job that matches the interior well, and we do have the over head console. When I took it down to repair it there was nothing where it looks like a sender for a keyless entry model would be. did we really have keyless?

I wondering how accurate these build sheets are.

our 91 xj it lists
Power Rack and Pinion Steering
Heavy Duty Electrical Group
Trailer Tow Group
Rubicon X

and Keyless entry?! What the hell?
I've never seen a fob associated with that jeep. We got it form the second owner who was meticulous about cleaning the interior but didn't want the maintenance. original cloth header was replaced with a vinyl job that matches the interior well, and we do have the over head console. When I took it down to repair it there was nothing where it looks like a sender for a keyless entry model would be. did we really have keyless?

Yeah, there was some strange stuff in mine, too.

Back