• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ho throttle cable on renix, adjustable?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Any way to adjust the throttle cable? I used a ho cable for the 99+ intake but it's a bit too long. I hit the floorboard long before max throttle. It doesn't look like there's any mechanism to adjust at either side.

*Not the kickdown cable*

87 renix, ho tb, 99+intake.

Why not just get a Renix cable from RockAuto.

Renix cable is too short for the 99+ intake.

Did you use the 99 cable? The cable end to sheath length is slightly longer in the 99-01 trucks if I remember correctly. Have you tried the 92-98 cable? I used a 95 throttle cable and bracket on a 2000 intake with an HO block with and a 95 throttle body in my 87 and it worked as it should. You may need to modify your intake end bracket to take up the extra length if you can't find a cable that works.

Is there a way to visually tell a difference between the cables?

I think my pedal might be bent. I found a new one on amazon
o_O
xjkfg0d.jpg

Better act fast. Only 6 left!

I had the same problem. Pedal to the floor, and throttle valve was at ~80%.

I used a small U bolt to adjust it, at the pedal. Press pedal down, pull the slack from the cable, put the U bolt on slack. OR Press pedal to floor, pull the slack, then put a small washer (with a slit) over the cable.

Basically adjust the slack at the pedal.

Back