• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C repair

brielly

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced my leaking evaporator core but unfortunately found debris when emptying the accumulator. At this point should I just replace the condenser, lines, and compressor or do I have another option?

At first I wasn't sure but it is slightly gritty to the touch. I think I'm just going to order a new condenser and compressor. There's no way I want to go through all the trouble of doing the evaporator only to have the compressor fail soon there after.

I would check it all out and change everything you can't flush (or replace it if you don't want to flush). Its almost impossible to flush condensers and the orifice tube (liquid line). The manifold line could probably be flushed. Remember to get some extra PAG 100 oil if needed, its 6.1 oz for a complete fill on the 01 XJ (earlier models, not sure when it started, spec'd 8 oz).

Back