• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Headlights

Rockdrummer93

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some ideas for some custom headlights. I have some Hella H4 housings with Baja 1000 bulbs in them right now but they were an experiment that lets say didn't fail but not what I'm really looking for. What do yall guys have either with LEDs or regular auxiliary lights mounted as headlights. Kinda want something that will light up the trail enough for some night wheeling but won't blind my spotter or people watching. Not looking for what HID kit is the best, looking for some ideas for something more 1 off.

No idea about customs but I have the truck lite LED bulbs and they are fantastic lights. Low beam cut off is sharp, high beams and peripheral light throw is great. I drive a lot of back roads at night and I would have anything else in my jeep.

Maybe you can look into trying to build off their design?

Those don't look to be DOT approved, probably just offroad LED lights installed in the factory area...

Depends if it is going to be just offroad or driven on the street...

You could do commander headlights. There are a few youtube videos showing walk throughs. Much better beam design that the sealed beams.

I personaly just finished doing a wire harness upgrade and got the ge nighthawk sport sealed beams. Cost me about 60$ total. It is a phenomenal difference in light color and pattern. Very good. Took about an hour to install and re align. Actually only had to re-aim the passenger side light.

Back