• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aw4 trans cooler quick connect fittings

Devilfrog

NAXJA Forum User
Ivm wanting to replace all the cooler lines on my trans, the only problem I have is the stock lower rad/cooler fitting.
It's a quick connect fitting that can't be removed unlike the upper fitting.
I was looking at possible replacements besides the usual compression fitting solution. I noticed that apparently some GM trans use a Nylon fitting similar to the GM/Jeep fuel rail fitting. The nipple appears to be the same as the full inlet on the stock fuel rail. Question is will a Nylon quick connect fitting be safe to use on a hot trans line ... What kind of pressure can they withstand?

Otherwise I have seen some 3/8" QC to -6 AN fittings on eBay I might try but that whole waiting game sucks.

Have you looked at Jeg's or summit?

Yeah, I was looking to find something I didn't have to order and could find readily ... the GM Nylon fittings are "on the rack items" around here. I have used them on my fuel rail in the past when I first converted from the Renix fuel rail to the HO style rail. so I know they fit and don't leak ... just wasn't sure if they'd be kosher as a trans line. call me paranoid but I keep wanting something metal there, although apparently GM uses the same fitting for their trans lines as well. Was hoping someone may have had any experience there.

By eye, the male quick disconnect are all the same size. Stock replacement lines are readily available if you wanted to go that route? There is no reason to change the line at the radiator... unless you want to change the style of fitting.

Stock lines are garbage, too many issues with them leaking at the crimps. I'm moving on and moving forward using better fittings and better hosing.
I've also plumbed in a secondary trans cooler and a power steering cooler as well so the stock lines are more or less all in the wrong place now anyway.

Back