• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar Oil pump

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I've searched and looked but I've only been able to find the high flow mopar oil pump which has a tall pick up tube which doesn't work for the 4.0l but does for the 4.2l
5e6f376ac7861f5bc9daae20519973d9.jpg

My question is is there a 4.0l mopar unit?!? I know I can use the oil pump in the pic above in the 4.0l but I have to buy another pick up tube, I'd rather just get one whole set with the correct tube.
I've searched but can't find another mopar unit meant specifically for the 4.0l

You can buy one from the dealer but it will be pricey. Probably 2-3X what you listed above. J3241399 is the part number.

Last edited:
Years ago I ended up buying the high-volume pump with the pickup instead of the stock one w/o pickup because it was cheaper. I had to bang out the pan for the pickup(and spaced girdle). Get the stock pump and buy the stock pickup separately. Put pickup in freezer and then use the open end of the right sized wrench above the pickup bevel to tap/bang onto the pump.

Last edited:
You just need to hit the oil pan with a mini sledge a few times until it fits. Doesn't affect anything really. Even an oil skid will still fit.

Back