• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 Jeep Cherokee injectors

1993 Red XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Which injectors should I get with a modified engine with free flowing exhaust and a 62mm throttle body? I have tried the bosch upgrade but I had trouble starting the jeep with these installed. I had to hold the pedal to the floor to start. It seemed to run rich when started. I could smell fuel from the exhaust. It has a bigger cam and ported 0331 head.

Did you reset the ECU after installing the bosch injectors and drive it for a few days to let the system re-learn? If it already smells rich I don't think you need bigger injectors.

It's possible one or more of them is stuck open as well, if they weren't cleaned up/tested.

Last edited:
Digger87xj has it right.

I have a 90 with a Borla exhaust system from the head to the tail. In additon, I have installed the adjustable MAP circuitry.

When my stock injectors started leaking, they were replaced with equivalent ones from an aftermarket injector supplier. They were Bosch injectors. What is critical is knowing which ones you should have. They do vary over the years with respect to fuel pressure changes.

Back