• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part Number Request: Stock Driveshafts

ManWithJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I'm trying to find a list of part numbers for the various XJ driveshafts. Specifically, I'm looking for front and rear driveshafts for a '99 XJ, manual transmission and 231 transfer case. Trying to pick up a couple of spares off Ebay for the trail but there's so many lengths I want to make sure I'm getting the right ones. Does anyone know those two part numbers?

And while we're talking driveshafts, does anyone know the right replacement U-joints for these driveshafts?

Thanks!

I was kinda bored and am pretty familiar with how the Jeep Parts Catalogs are layed out so I thought I would help. Wow was I wrong. Getting a headache trying. Go here:

http://cdn.xjjeeps.com/pdf/en-us/1997-to-1999-parts-catalog.pdf

Start at Page 412. Looks like with the rear stuff makes a difference, 8.25 or D35, and the engine, 4.0 or 2.5, and the manual tranny, and of course 4WD. Front looks like only the engine matters. Sorry thought I could help but the last thing I want to do is give the wrong info.

Back