• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep cranking but not starting

Dmondeac

NAXJA Forum User
Drove the Jeep in the other day and shut it off, now it won't start. I recently changed the CPS sensor because it would intermittenly not start. I put a meter on the sensor and it shows that it should be good (open between pins B&C). I have plenty of fuel presure (48 psi) but no spark. the odd thing is when I turn the key on the e fans come on, anybody got any ideas?

Info on the jeep would be a good place to start.

Check for voltage at the coil. Recently had the same problem. The connector terminals were dirty or corroded

Good voltage to the coil 11.8v

I would follow up on the e-fan running when it should not. That suggests a short circuit either in a wire harness, or in an OBD sensor or sensor circuit.

Did you buy a genuine Jeep CPS ? Most auto parts stores sell cheap crappy Chinese "Lifetime Warranty" parts that are poorly manufactured and are often out of specification, or even failed, right out of the box. The ones that aren’t faulty often have a short service life before they fail. Always buy top quality replacement parts and genuine Jeep sensors. Numerous threads detail long and frustrating searches for a "problem" that ended up being cured with genuine Jeep repair parts.

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason.

Back