• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dang WIndow on 97

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
97 XJ, 4wd, 4.0, 231, 3" lift.

My passenger rear (RR) window isn't working.

I put a new Master control switch into the drivers door and was expecting that to clear up my RR window issue. It has made it worse.

Previously it would go down but not up. (It is currently down to just 4" of window showing)

Before I replaced the master switch in the Drivers door, I noticed that when I tried to use either the switch in the drivers door, or the switch on the RR door, the light on the actual door switch would go black. Very odd. Is that indicative of where the problem is?

Oddly, when the RR door window stopped working properly, the RF window started working correctly. It had not worked at all for several month.

Pulling my hair out with this.

I really hate driving around with a plastic bag over my window opening.

Any help is appreciated. I really would like to get the window working properly, but in the meantime just getting it to go up would be an improvement.

Thanks for any help-

Have you physically inspected and continuity tested both front door wire harnesses for the commonly occurring chafed wire insulation, broken wires, and failed wire splices ?

You can apply 12 volts directly to the power window motor and activate either the DOWN or UP circuits.

Back