• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My $160 parts jeep

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So a few weeks ago a guy at work came to me and told me about his brothers jeep and what to do with it.

I told him to get me pics and we can see.
He wanted to get some money out of it and said the word "thousands" and I lost interest.

Few weeks later he asked me to come get it and give him $160, the tires and rear bumper back.

It was a deal.

I got 1 crappy picture

34445f9a2ac7ae5252f6810bebbae3ea.jpg

Then he wanted the trans for his TJ
After he pulled it he found out that a 4.0 AX15 won't fit a 2.5 AX5
So he put the AX15 in the back.
I gave him $160 and I towed it to Scott's shop for a part out.

I have roadside assistance so it didn't cost me anything.

1714c29b353a2310a9c1afbd8a9146df.jpg

f19a1c83770ff6a4037160cd1b76b570.jpg

Starting the parting

2f8c11982f6b0c9b90349d51d9453dc1.jpg

How much for the AX-15?

Damn ... that's a crazy score! Other than the front end damage, the rig looks in great condition and teralow, revolver shackles, etc?! Aren't those headliners with the speakers really sought after too?

To add insult to injury here guys...

That's the SECOND Tera-low 4.1 case to "drop" in his lap for free!

Free? He didn't have a clue about it until we separated the case from the transmission

Not surprised there Scott....

So just out of curiosity would that transfer case bolt up to a late model aw4 or are they different inputs?

Not surprised there Scott....

So just out of curiosity would that transfer case bolt up to a late model aw4 or are they different inputs?

I see what you are getting at.
And at the moment I have plans of putting it in my stock 01 for no real good reason.
Unless I get talked out of it...

I see what you are getting at.
And at the moment I have plans of putting it in my stock 01 for no real good reason.
Unless I get talked out of it...

I know what you mean.... I'd probably do the same!
But I would be interested. I shouldn't spend anymore money on the jeep at the moment, but 4:1 would be soooooooo nice!

I'd love you long time?

You saying I'm cheap?
Or just not very good?

Back