• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake vacuum line placement 00 sport

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Put everythin back together this morning but can't figure out where the vacuum lines connect so I have a sweet sucking noise going on

If I plug the one furthest to the front (it's a rubber 90 pointing down) it goes away and the engine is smooth.....the one unconnected runs all the way to the passenger side, I believe it's the leak detection line

Can anyone post a pic of their intake showing where their lines are connected? I've been roaming the Internet for 4 hours now

I tried using the sticker on the firewall but didn't help much

I have a few photos of 98 manifold.

The NAXJA will not let me add attachments. I have e-mail NAXJA of my problem but no word yet.

Does the one from the PAX side have a oneway valve attached to it? It should.

The only thing I can find is that instead of a 90 I should have a rubber cap there buddy across town has a 01 I am going to check out tomorrow

I have an 01 XJ and there are 3 lines. The larger one goes in the middle. The one with the check valve for the accessories goes closest to the firewall, and the other one goes to the one closest to the head lights.

Put everythin back together this morning but can't figure out where the vacuum lines connect so I have a sweet sucking noise going on

If I plug the one furthest to the front (it's a rubber 90 pointing down) it goes away and the engine is smooth.....the one unconnected runs all the way to the passenger side, I believe it's the leak detection line

Can anyone post a pic of their intake showing where their lines are connected? I've been roaming the Internet for 4 hours now

I not sure you are referring to the '92 or the '00 but what I know is, the line going to the leak detection system should be connected to the 90 degree rubber that is pointing down. The port furthest forward is usually capped off.

Back