• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Faulty Crown FPR?

Overland

NAXJA Forum User
I recently replaced my fuel pressure regulator with the one from Crown, and it lasted a day. Next day, it exhibited regulator issues. I put up with it for a week while out of town, but just inside of two thousand miles, it began to suffer while running as well as being hard to start.

I replaced it with the previous, crust encapsulated Chrysler original, and problem solved. Starts first try, runs fine, no loss of power.

I installed the regulator along with a new strainer in a tank which was full of crud. I went back into it the next day and replaced the tank, as well as the strainer again. I removed the regulator to flush what crud I could find, and had to replace an o-ring, as the Crown piece was not suited for fuel and swelled on removal. From that point on, it was hard to start.

I had concerns about contamination, but the original had been passing crud for months, and the new one was behind a new strainer from the start. Has anyone else encountered this?

I suppose I should mention, it's the in tank, one year only 96 XJ.

Not exactly sure, but I think most Crown parts offered for the XJ are commie-slave-labor-made under their red army godless chinese managing masters. Same goes for ada-omix. I'd have to be desperate to spend my hard earned cash on said parts. Check out rockauto.com for various other replacement parts offerings.

Frankly I do not easily understand your dialogue/explanation, so I'll only offer this.., clean, clean, clean, and better quality parts.

Back