• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hankook dynapro tries

I ran the dynapro ATMs on my WJ in the 265/70/16 size. They were great tires. Good price, took virtually no weight to balance, rode very nice. I also had the M/Ts on my OBS f350 in the 235/85/16 size. Wore like iron and never gave me any issues. I'd buy another set in a heartbeat if I was in the market.

The MT's wear out fast. You would be better of with MTR-k's. or Cooper ST maxx?
I would run Firestone Desintation MT before I ran the Hankook.

I run dynapro mt 37's on my cherokee. They seem to hold up on the road with dd duty. They work pretty good in mud and rocks also.

i'm also running the ATM's. i don't know anyone who's had the MT's, but i love these all terrains. they're smooth, quiet, balanced easily, are wearing well, and survived a week's worth of driving all over johnson valley without any damage period. they went through deep sand, mud, rocks, broken up granite/shale/volcano type stuff, and high speed lake bed blasts while half flat. i couldn't be happier with them.

I have the MT RT03's in 31x10.5x15. Maybe my inflation wasn't right or the alignment was off or just the Arizona heat but I've had uneven wear on alternating edge lugs. I used to keep them inflated so the contact patch was even across the tire. At this point, after about 20k miles, they've a very loud hum at certain speeds. I have a theory that the solid tread lugs don't flex and cause the tire to distort leading to the uneven wear. Other people report good wear and don't have this issue so ??
Next set, if there is one, will have sipping to allow the tread blocks to flex more. So something like Maxxis Bighorns or Cooper SST. More expensive though. Pepboys Dakotas are a more affordable MT.
One reason I tried the Hankooks, besides the price, was the extra rubber on the sidewall which a number of other MT tires don't have. Coopers do as do the more expensive brands.
Hope this helps.

Back