• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ Project-New build

98cheroxj

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a 98 xj about a year ago and just started getting serious about lifting it. I would like to be able to drive it to the trail. Most of my 4 wheeling will consist of rock crawling and some desert wheeling. I am going with a long arm kit, dana 300 with 4:1, ford 8.8/D30 4.88, 5.5-6.5 lift,35's, front locker, rear detroit. I would like to buy frame stiffeners as well. Do i start with frame stiffeners, rock sliders then long arm? I know you guys are probably tired of lift posts but i would like to get feedback on lifts and their quality. i have read a lot of posts but all the posts i found are about 8-10 years old. Any current feedback on current product quality would be great. I don't have deep pockets but i need to have it running by August and don't mind saving a bit more to get a decent part. Where should I start?

Last edited:
Start with uni body strengthening, then longarms and sliders after. If you buy sliders most companies will need to know which longarms you have and if you have stiffeners so they can build the sliders to fit. If you are gonna run 4:88 gears and 35s I would run a full case locker like the Detroit. You can pm me with a specific questions and I will do my best to help you out.

Last edited:
Start with uni body strengthening, then longarms and sliders after. If you buy sliders most companies will need to know which longarms you have and if you have stiffeners so they can build the sliders to fit. If you are gonna run 4:88 gears and 35s I would run a full case locker like the Detroit. You can pm me with a specific questions and I will do my best to help you out.

This..

Back