• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Manual Trans ECU codes

Atm3535

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. So I am doing a five speed swap for my auto 98 XJ. Along with the trans swap, I got the manual ECU as well but I mixed them up accidentally with the auto trans ECU. Could someone help me with the code of a manual trans ECU number? Both the donor jeep and my jeep are 98. TIA

I did get the trans harness that plugs into the main harness. I'm also trying to figure out which two wires are for the reverse lights. The reverse switch wiring harness was not included with the swap unfortunately. Have to wire it in manually but I do not know the colors. I'll post up the coach when I get a chance thanks

the harness that dealt with the transmission on my 98 was all together with fuel injectors, etc. no extra transmission only harness that i remember. the manual's main body harness (that includes C101) has 2 extra wires that the auto does not have. i had repair some mouse damage, and thought i was good with an auto harness. not the case. i had to pig tail the auto harness, and then swap over the pig tailed wires that matched to the chewed manual connector, and then lengthen those extra 2. I also had an auto ecu in it from the previous owner which threw crazy codes, and the codes are how i found out i had an auto ecu.

from a thread where i asked:

"534AD is for a 4.0 with AW4 transmission.

'98 PCM 4.0 with manual transmission/Federal Emissions is 56041 531AB. With California Emissions - 56041 532AB."

the manual ECU i ended up using was a 531AF.

long story short, make it easier and get both harnesses out of the manual. the reverse switch connector should be on the harness with the injectors, water temp, etc.

Back